Today was meal prep day and the kids requested peanut butter protein bites for a snack. These 5 minutes & 5 ingredients chia seed peanut butter protein bites were just what they wanted! They were perfect for me too since they are simple and we had all the ingredients on hand. We make protein bites every week because they are cheaper than buying protein bars, they have better ingredients, and are perfect for our busy family! If you love these, try our s'mores protein bars or our chocolate chip cookie dough protein bites!
Prep time: 5 minutes | Total time: 5 minutes | Yields: 16 bites
- 10 Dates, pitted
- 1/3 C. Natural peanut butter
- 1/8 tsp. Pure vanilla extract
- 1 Scoop (1/4 C.) vanilla protein powder
- 1 TBSP. Chia seeds
- Blend dates, peanut butter, and vanilla extract together for 1 minute or until smooth (no chunks of dates).
- Scoop the peanut butter date dough out of the blender and place in a medium size mixing bowl.
- Stir in chia seeds and shape dough into bite sized balls. Place each ball in a container until you run out of dough.
- Put a lid on the container and refrigerate for at least an hour before eating.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.