This is currently my one year old's favorite meal. Lately she's been eating it for lunch and dinner, and I'm completely fine with that! I'm honestly not surprised that she loves it so much because I craved vinegar my entire pregnancy with her. I seriously ate this tangy salad several days in a row for the majority of my pregnancy. I was pretty thrilled with that craving! It definitely could have been worse. :) This crisp and creamy salad is filling enough to be a snack and light enough to be a dinner side dish. The best part is it only takes 5- 10 minutes to toss together! It can't get much simpler than that. ;)
Total time: 5 minutes | Serves: 2- 4
- 1 TBSP distilled white vinegar
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 a red onion, diced
- 2 cucumbers, cut into chunks
- 1 small avocado, cut into chunks
- 1/3 cup feta
- Pour vinegar, salt, and pepper in a medium size salad bowl
- Dice the onion and chop the cucumber & avocado, then stir into the vinegar in the mixing bowl
- Finally, stir in feta and serve cold.
- Avoid buying low-fat or non-fat cheese. Our bodies need a healthy dose of fat to feel satiated and for proper cell function, among many other things.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 days