We have been on quite the feta kick lately! The kids and I have been eating scrambled eggs and spinach over half an english muffin topped with feta every morning for a week now. My 1.5 year old has also been asking for this cucumber and feta salad every day. I think it's safe to assume my feta obsession has rubbed off on her! This greek orzo salad is more diverse and a little heavier than the cucumber & feta salad, making it perfect for dinner. It would also be the perfect side dish for larger families or parties.
- 1 TBSP white vinegar
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 of a red onion, diced
- 2 cucumbers, chopped
- One big handful of fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, cut in half
- 1/3 cup pepperoncinis, remove stems & diced
- 1 cup cooked orzo
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 1 avocado, cut into bite sized chunks
- Prep veggies: dice onion, chop cucumbers, chop spinach, halve the tomatoes and olives, dice pepperoncinis.
- Mix vinegar, salt, pepper, and oregano in a large salad bowl.
- Stir onion, cucumbers, spinach, tomatoes, olives, pepperoncinis, and orzo into the dressing in the salad bowl.
- Lastly, cut the avocado into chunks and gently toss the crumbled feta and avocado into the salad. Enjoy!