Yum! This is our new obsession. We ate the whole batch in 5 minutes- oops! This cookie dough isn't healthy by any means, but compared to traditional cookie dough, it's not terrible for you either! That's what we are telling ourselves so we don't feel bad about enjoying every last bite. I think I'll make them again for an upcoming Christmas party because they are definitely going to be popular!
Prep time: 5 minutes | Time to set: 1 hour | Total time: 1 hour 5 minutes | Yields: 6 bars
- 1/4 cup brown rice syrup or honey
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup cashew or almond butter
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar or date sugar
- 3 TBSP unsweetened non dairy milk
- 1 cup oat or almond flour
- 1 cup cacao nibs or dark chocolate chips
- Mix syrup, vanilla extract, cashew butter, salt, sugar, and three tablespoon of milk together in a medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour and cacao nibs together.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
Place the dough in the refrigerator for at least an hour to set.
If making into bars:
- Place the dough in a square baking dish and use a spatula to spread it around evenly, then pack it down firmly. The dough will be sticky. You can grease the spatula to make spreading it easier.
- Place the baking dish in the refrigerator for at least an hour to set.
- Remove from the refrigerator and cut into 6 squares- enjoy!
- Store in the refrigerator in between servings.