Who knew dairy free ice cream could be so easy to make and only require two ingredients? In the past I've made vegan ice cream with coconut milk, but this was my first time using bananas. It turned out way too good! I had four homemade peanut butter cups left in my freezer and I wanted to use them in a fun way. I chopped them up into bite sized chunks and added them to the ice cream just before freezing. It's a peanut butter chocolate lovers dream! This is definitely my new go-to guilt free dessert.
- 3 large bananas, overly ripe
- 1/3 cup pure peanut butter
- 2 peanut butter cups, roughly chopped- optional
- Blend the bananas and peanut butter together in a food processor until it's smooth and no chunks of banana remain.
- Pour the peanut butter banana "ice cream" into a container and stir in chopped peanut butter cups until just combined- do not over mix. Seal the container with an airtight lid (any tupperware works) and freeze for at least 5 hours.
- When the ice cream is frozen, scoop out large spoonfuls into a bowl and cover with chocolate syrup or simply eat as is!