Admittedly, this was not the best food photo shoot... My avocado was overly ripe and browning, the lighting was terrible, and I had two little hands grabbing at the plate demanding a bite. It might look a little boring, but I promise you, this salad is simply delightful. I've grown up eating it and it has always been one of my favorite salads. Which says a lot, because I don't love eating salads...
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar (or more if you prefer it tangy like us)
- 3 TBSP olive oil
- 1 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 a head of green cabbage, roughly chopped
- 3 cucumbers, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 large avocado, cut into chunks
- dice the onion then mix together with vinegar, oil, salt, and pepper in a large bowl to make the dressing
- chop the cabbage and peel/cut up the cucumbers, then toss into the dressing
- finally, cut the avocado into chunks and stir into all the other ingredients in the bowl until just mixed- serve & enjoy!