This is my version of the classic sesame noodles. I lightened it up but kept the traditional flavors! This recipe has the perfect combination of textures; it has the perfect hint of crunchiness. Next time you're craving take-out, try this recipe instead. It's better for you and your wallet. ;)
- 2/3 cup Bragg's liquid aminos (could also use low sodium soy sauce or tamari)
- 2 TBSP sesame oil
- 1 TBSP honey
- 4 TBSP minced garlic
- 1 TBSP rice vinegar
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 heaping cup green onions, white and green parts, sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 8 oz green cabbage and carrot slaw mixture
- 8 oz package of whole grain thin spaghetti noodles, cooked
- Toasted sesame seeds for garnish
- Cook noodles according to directions, set aside.
- Pour soy sauce, sesame oil, honey, garlic, vinegar, and pepper flakes into a large bowl and mix together. Toss sliced onions, almonds, carrot-cabbage slaw, and noodles into the dressing.
- Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds for garnish- serve warm.