I feel like I'm probably like most people, in that the first time someone offered you pineapple mango salsa, you were definitely skeptical. I avoided it for years without even giving it a try. Finally, I forced myself to make it when I threw a Cinco De Mayo party at our house. It was surprisingly good! The refreshing mango and pineapple compliment the kick from the jalapeno and onion. It's always nice to have an alternative to traditional salsa at parties, and these flavors are perfect for the summer heat. This is a must have for your summer BBQ's!
- 1 jalapeno, seeded & diced
- 1/2 a red onion, diced
- 1/2 a red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 fresh mango, diced
- 1/3 cup fresh pineapple, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Remove the seeds and dice the jalapeno. Dice the onion, bell pepper, mango, pineapple, and cilantro and toss everything together in a medium bowl.
- Squeeze in the juice from one lime and sprinkle the salt in as well. Mix together.