I feel like I might get shunned from the fitness community for saying this, but I didn't LOVE quest bars the first time I tried them... Or even the second or third time for that matter. I wanted to love them because every other fitness professional is addicted to them. Eventually I found a few flavors I liked and just avoided the others. I can honestly say that I love s'mores quest bars. To be honest, I'm obsessed with anything s'mores! I decided to make my own version of the popular protein bars because I can't handle paying for something I could make at home for less money. The recipe turned out SO good. I'm excited to share it with everyone!
Prep time: 10 minutes | Total Time: 40 minutes | Yields: 9 Squares
- 1 & 1/2 cups oat flour
- 1 cup blended graham crackers
- 30 g of your favorite vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 cup organic cashew butter, melted to room temperature
- 1/4 cup organic honey
- 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla non-dairy milk
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cacao nibs or dark chocolate chips
- Blend the graham crackers in a blender until they resemble flour, then pour in a glass bowl. Mix oat flour, blended graham crackers, and protein powder together in the bowl- set aside.
- Pour cashew butter into a large glass bowl and microwave for 5- 10 seconds until just melted. Stir in honey once the cashew butter is slightly melted (should be runny not thick anymore).
- Stir the flour & protein mixture into the cashew & honey mixture (it will look like a crumble). You may need to use your hands.
- Mix 1/4 cup of milk into the dough, then add the cacao nibs & marshmallows- use as many as you feel comfortable with!
- Pour the dough into an 8x8 baking dish. Use your hands to flatten the dough, packing it down firmly and evenly. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to an hour, then cut into 9 squares.
- Make sure to buy graham crackers from your health food store or health food section. Look for a brand that has the least ingredients and doesn't have too much sugar.
- Keep refrigerated for up to one week.