When I was pregnant with my daughter it felt like I had a million complications. One of those complications was being severely anemic. I adjusted my supplements of course, but started making anemia-fighting smoothies as well. It's important to fight anemia by getting extra iron, but our bodies also need extra vitamin C in order to actually absorb the iron. This smoothie has the perfect combination of both and it tastes delicious! You will get a nice dose of iron from the spinach & kale (or whichever leafy greens you use in your power blend), and the kiwi & grapes provide the vitamin C. The lemon is also high in vitamin C, but I use it in every smoothie because it benefits nearly every part of your body!
- 1/2 a kiwi, peeled
- 1/2 cup of green grapes (about 10-12 grapes depending on size)
- 2 cups of fresh baby power greens (spinach, kale, etc)
- 1 lemon wedge, peeled (remove the seeds if there are any)
- 1 cup of cold water
- 1 handful of ice
- Peel the lemon wedge and remove the seeds, then peel half a kiwi. Place the kiwi and lemon in a blender.
- Add all other ingredients to the blender and blend until smooth.
- Drink up for healthy blood! :)