Lately we've been on quite the pancake kick. I made 4 different types and I'll be sharing all of them here on the blog. My favorite was definitely the lemon poppy seed pancakes, but my kids loved these chocolate chunk pancakes the most. These are probably my second favorite because, well, chocolate. Who can resist a light, fluffy, chocolately stack of pancakes?
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 10 minutes | Total time: 20 minutes | Yields: 8 pancakes
- 2 cups pancake batter of your choice
- 1/4 cup plain unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 21 grams of your favorite chocolate protein powder
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Optional toppings: raspberries, strawberries, peanut butter, bananas, syrup, chocolate hazelnut butter, etc.
- Lightly grease a skillet and set it at medium heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk together pancake mix according to the directions on the package.
- Once the pancake batter is smooth, stir in the milk then mix the protein powder into the batter.
- Next, stir the chocolate chips into the batter until just combined.
- For each pancake, pour 1/4 cup of the batter onto the lightly greased & preheated skillet. Cook until the top is bubbly- about 3 minutes. Flip the pancake and cook for an additional 2 minutes before removing from the skillet. Repeat until you run out of batter.
- Serve warm with raspberries, peanut butter, banana slices, or strawberries.
- We use Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Pancake Mix , although any pancake mix will work.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to one week.
- Reheat for 20- 30 seconds in the microwave.