I honestly impressed myself with this smoothie because It really does taste exactly like strawberry shortcake! I made two of these smoothies for breakfast along with some veggie omelets and it was the perfect meal. Next time I'll have to make an extra smoothie for the kids to share because they ended up drinking most of ours. This smoothie is a great option for breakfast, snack, or even dessert! It tastes like a treat, but it's healthy... Can't complain about that. :)
Total time: 5 minutes | Yields: 1 smoothie
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 tsp tsp pure almond extract
- 1/2 cup plain, unsweetened greek yogurt
- 1 TBSP sweetener of choice (honey, maple syrup, brown rice syrup, etc)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 scoop protein powder
- 1 cup frozen strawberries (about 8 strawberries)
- Place all ingredients in a blender* and blend until smooth.
- Drink up and enjoy!
- I recommend using a vitamix blender (splurge) or ninja blender (save).
- Look for greek yogurt from certified grass fed & pasture raised cows if possible. It's also important to buy yogurt from cows who have not been given growth stimulants, hormones, or antibiotics. Avoid buying low-fat or non-fat yogurt.