Eating veggies is so much more appealing when they are tossed in a colorful, flavor-packed salad. This creamy and crunchy broccoli salad is exactly that; it's loaded with rich and vibrant ingredients! This is perfect for a light and filling lunch or a simple (yet impressive) dinner side dish. You'll get a healthy dose of fiber, good fats, and quality protein from the variety of ingredients in this delicious salad. I made this last week and I'm already thinking about making it again! Can you even blame us? There are so many wonderful things to rave about!
Total time: 10 minutes | Serves: 2- 4
- 1 TBSP raw honey
- 3/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 2 large broccoli heads, cut into small florets
- 1 cup cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1/2 cup raisins or craisins
- 1/4 cup raw & unsalted walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup shelled sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup bleu cheese crumbles
- Wash and dry produce. D
- Dice the onion and cut the broccoli into bite sized florets. Place the onion in a large salad bowl and set broccoli aside for the next step.
- Stir onion together with honey and greek yogurt in a large salad bowl to make the dressing.
- Add the broccoli, crumbled bacon, craisins, walnuts, sunflower seeds, and bleu cheese to the greek yogurt dressing.
- Serve cold and enjoy!
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Avoid buying low-fat or non-fat yogurt. Our bodies need a healthy dose of fat to feel satiated and for proper cell function, among many other things. Same thing with the cheese- full fat bleu cheese is the way to go!
- Look for pasture raised bacon with no added sugars. It's also important to buy bacon from pigs who have not been given growth stimulants, hormones, or antibiotics.