I'm kind of bummed that these pictures didn't turn out like I wanted them to. I think the pictures don't do the recipe justice because these protein bites tastes exactly like a real cookie! This is my new favorite protein recipe, which I didn't think could happen since I created these s'mores protein bars (hint: our most popular recipe). These are soft, chewy, and full of that buttery, sugary, cinnamon flavor. They take about 5 minutes to put together and all you need is a blender! No baking, less dishes, and a whole lot of protein love.
Prep Time: 1 hour 5 minutes | Total time: 1 hour 5 minutes | Yields: 16- 18 protein bites
For The Dough
- 20 pitted dates
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or any non-dairy milk)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cashew or almond butter
- 1/3 cup vanilla protein powder
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 TBSP ground cinnamon
For The Cinnamon Sugar Coating
- 1/2 TBSP ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup almond or oat flour
- 1/2 TBSP coconut sugar or granulated sugar of your choice
- Soak the dates in 1/2 cup milk for an hour before blending everything together. While the dates are soaking you can save time by making the cinnamon sugar coating. Mix cinnamon, almond flour, and sugar together in a small bow- cover and set aside.
- After the dates have soaked, place the dates and milk in a blender and blend until it resembles a smooth paste.
- Next, add the vanilla extract, nut butter, protein powder, rolled oats, and cinnamon. Blender again until it resembles a sticky crumble.
- Scoop out a spoonful of the dough and place in the prepared cinnamon sugar coating. Roll the dough around and shape it into a ball. Place the ball in a storage container and repeat this step until you run out of dough- should yield 16- 18 protein balls.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to one week.