I made our clean eating cookie dough (pictured below), but the kids wanted actual cookies. I modified the recipe a bit and it resulted in these jumbo coconut chocolate chip cookies. I love cookies that are crispy on the outside but doughy and fluffy on the inside. These cookies are exactly that and there's no shortage of flavor between the coconut and chocolate chips. I think i'd make them again with toasted almonds too!
Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 12- 15 minutes | Total time: 20 minutes | Yields: 8 cookies
- 1/4 cup brown rice syrup or honey
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup cashew or almond butter
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 3 TBSP unsweetened non dairy milk
- 1 cup gluten free all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup protein powder
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips or cacao nibs
- Preheat the oven to 350 and lightly grease a cookie sheet. Set aside.
- Mix syrup, vanilla extract, cashew butter, salt, sugar, and milk together in a medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, shredded coconut, protein powder, and chocolate chips together.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined.
- Scoop out 8 large spoonfuls of the dough and place on the greased cookie sheet. Put the cookies in the preheated oven for 12- 15 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for a minute or two before enjoying.