In case you haven't noticed, we make a lot of protein bites/bars. It's just so easy when you're a working mom and don't have time to do fancy meals everyday. These are great for feeding the kids while running errands (read: shopping at target) or snacking on after a killer workout. I definitely depend on protein bites to get me through the day and to munch on in between meals. These delicious banana bites taste just like the real thing! I'd have to say these are better though, because you don't have to bake them and wait 40 minutes to eat a slice! ;)
Prep Time: 7 minutes | Total time: 7 minutes | Yields: 20-22 protein bites
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1 small ripe banana
- 1 TBSP honey
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup vanilla protein powder
- 1-3 TBSP unsweetened non dairy milk
- Mix almond butter, banana, and honey together in a medium size bowl.
- Stir in oats, cinnamon, salt, and protein powder.
- If the dough is too dry, add a tablespoon of milk. Add up to three tablespoons until the dough sticks together and is crumbly.
- Scoop out small spoonfuls and shape into balls. Should make about 20 protein balls.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to one week