Many of you know me well enough to know that I hate baking. I have pretty much refused to post any cupcake, muffin, or bread recipe on our blog. Before I had kids, I loved baking and often made scones and muffins. Now that we are busy with work, school functions, ballet, sports, etc, baking just isn't a priority nor is it even enjoyable anymore. Just thinking about the extra dishes and sugar intake is enough for me to never bake anything ever. But, this recipe is different and SO worth sharing! Since you're seeing this banana muffin recipe on the blog, you know it's 1. Not time-consuming and 2. There are minimal dishes.
These protein muffins are made in one bowl and ready to eat in about 30 minutes. They're also a life saver when it comes to on-the-go meals and getting your picky eaters to eat protein. Henry is our picky eater and he loves these! His eating habits are getting better now that he's in kindergarten, but he is a total carb-lover. Getting meat, dairy, or veggies into his little body is always a huge challenge. Kodiak Power Cakes makes feeding him protein a little easier. I love that I can use the mix for muffins because I can add carrots, zucchini, spinach, apples, and many other fruits and veggies without him knowing. The best part is they aren't too dense and they have lots of flavor!
Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 20- 25 minutes | Total time: 30 minutes | Yields: 12 muffins
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 egg
- 1 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk (any milk will work)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 TBSP cinnamon
- 1/3 cup brown sugar or sweetener of choice
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cups Kodiak Power Cakes
- Grease a muffin baking pan and preheat oven to 350.
- Peel ripe bananas. In a large mixing bowl, mash the bananas until they are completely smooth (no chunks).
- Stir egg, milk, vanilla, cinnamon, brown sugar, and salt into the banana puree.
- Add 2 cups of power cakes into the banana mixture until just combined.
- Pour banana batter into each muffin cup until you run out of batter (about 3/4th the way full).
- Place in the oven and let bake for 20- 25 minutes or until golden brown and a tooth pick inserted in the center comes out dry.