This is my go to breakfast lately. When I'm looking for an egg-free breakfast idea, I almost always make chia seed pudding. Today I wanted to make something a little different and needed to use up our ripe bananas. Cereal honestly sounded good but I wanted to stick to eating healthy! This hot banana breakfast bowl was my way of eating cereal and still following the whole 30 rules. We also have leftover cubed sweet potatoes that I plan on adding to this bowl tomorrow morning. Hopefully that combination isn't too weird?!
I didn't chop the nuts up into pieces today like I usually do. I wanted to skip that because I was *starving* but it tastes better when they are chopped vs. whole.
Prep time: 2 minutes | Cook time: 2 minutes | Total time: 4 minutes | Serves: 1
- 1 cup non-dairy milk (I prefer coconut milk or unsweetened vanilla almond milk)
- 1/2 cup nuts (walnuts, pecans, almonds), roughly chopped
- 1/8 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 ripe banana, sliced
- toppings of choice: unsweetened shredded coconut, chia seeds, coconut creme, etc.
- Pour 1 cup of milk and 1/2 cup of nuts into a bowl. Microwave for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the microwave and stir in the vanilla extract and cinnamon.
- Slice a banana and add to the milk.
- Top with shredded coconut, chia seeds, coconut creme, or eat as is.