These sauteed brussels sprouts make the perfect side dish because the recipe is quick, simple, and pairs well with a variety of main dishes. I made this with baked lemon chicken (recipe coming soon) and it was quite the refreshing dinner! This would also be a wonderful option for a paleo side dish at thanksgiving. Did I mention our little ones approved? Our 5 and 2 year old kids couldn't get enough and even skipped eating the main dish! I'll definitely include this in my meal prep rotation so I can pack it for lunches and have it available for the kids to snack on all week long.
Prep time: 3-5 minutes | Cook time: 10 minutes | Total: 15 mintues | Serves: 4
- 2 cups brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved (about 1 lb)
- 2 TBSP grass fed butter or ghee
- 4 oz diced prosciutto
- Juice from 1/2 a lemon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Wash, trim the ends, and halve the brussels sprouts. Chop or dice the prosciutto (if you didn't buy it already prepped).
- Heat 2 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the brussels sprouts and prosciutto. Stir occasionally for 10 minutes or until the brussels sprouts are tender and the prosciutto is crisp.
- Turn the heat off and sprinkle in the salt and pepper. Squeeze the juice from 1/2 a lemon over the sprouts/prosciutto and gently toss everything together.
- Serve and enjoy!