First of all, I know everyone is obsessed with the instant pot pressure cooker and you're probably over hearing about how amazing it is...BUT, GUYS IT'S MAGICAL. If you're wondering if it's worth it to get an one, the answer is yes. So much yes. It's my new favorite kitchen gadget and I'm looking forward to sharing some instant pot recipes over the next few weeks. Today I wanted to share one of our recipes from our slow cooker breakfast e-cookbook. Only a few recipes are available on our blog and the rest are in the e-book which you can find here. We toss everything in the crock pot and let it cook overnight. Who doesn't love waking up to breakfast waiting for them?
- 1 TBSP coconut oil
- 6 cups water
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1- 13.5 oz can of organic coconut milk
- 1 cup coconut milk from a carton
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup raw cacao powder
- 2 cups steel cut oats
- Shredded coconut for topping
- Chopped pecans or walnuts for topping, optional
- Lightly grease the crock pot with 1 TBSP of coconut oil and set temperature to low.
- Add all the ingredients except pecans and shredded coconut and cover.
- After it cooks for 8 hours on low, mix the oatmeal together in the crock pot.
- Stir in shredded coconut and pecans to each serving- enjoy!
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
- We think it's sweet enough when adding shredded coconut to our oatmeal. If you find the recipe isn't sweet enough, add brown rice syrup, maple syrup, or brown sugar for sweetness.