Lately I've been spending more time remodeling and decorating our house than meal planning and cooking. Before we recently bought our house in Vancouver, we had a charming 1,100 sq ft bungalo outside of Portland. Now we have a house twice that size and barely any furniture! Filling the space has been a slow process because we are trying to be mindful and minimalistic. Nevertheless, it's time consuming and we have been eating simple meals that don't take much time to toss together.
These spinach and artichoke quesadillas are one of favorite appetizers to make when we have company; everyone loves them and they are super easy! We have been making them for dinner lately because they're effortless and are ready in a few short minutes. Sometimes we add chicken but they are great as is. Serve them at a party or eat them for dinner, either way they are versatile and delicious!
- 8 flour tortillas
- 1 tsp garlic powder (could use minced garlic)
- 4-8 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup mozzeralla cheese
- 8 oz artichoke hearts in water, drained
- 4- 6 oz baby spinach
- Spread a layer of cream cheese over a tortilla. Sprinkle 1/8 tsp garlic powder evenly over the cream cheese.
- Sprinkle equal amounts of parmesan and mozzarella over 1/2 the tortilla. Add a handful of spinach and a few artichoke hearts to the same side. Fold and place in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Cook for 1-3 minutes on each side or until the outside of the tortilla is golden and crispy and the cheese is melted inside.
- Repeat steps 1- 3 until you have made all the quesadillas. Serve warm.