I eat this salad so often, I can't believe I've never posted the recipe! It's so easy to toss together and after you make it one time, you don't need a recipe to make it again. It's that simple! You just toss everything in oil and vinegar. I usually make it for lunch for Matilda and me to enjoy, but it's a great summer or spring dinner side dish if you're grilling meat. We often marinate chicken thighs in zesty Italian salad dressing and then grill them and eat this salad on the side. You could add garbanzo beans or tuna if you're looking for a little extra protein!
Prep time: 5 minutes | Serves: 4
- 2 cucumbers, spiralized (chopped if you don't have a spiralizer)
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 an avocado, cut into chunks
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Drizzle of EVOO and vinegar (I usually do 1-2 TBSP of oil and 2-3 TBSP of vinegar. I prefer more vinegar but start with 1 TBSP of each and adjust according to your taste)
- Cut the cucumber into chunks or spiralize them. Place in a large salad bowl.
- Slice the onion, tomatoes, and olives then place prepared ingredients into the bowl. Add crumbled feta.
- Cut open an avocado and slice through the meat vertically then horizontally to make chunks. Scoop meat out with a spoon, add to the salad, and discard the skin.
- Sprinkle oregano, salt, and pepper over the salad.
- Add oil and vinegar 1 TBSP at a time and toss the salad together.
- Serve and enjoy!