I'm so excited to finally share a new recipe after four weeks away from our website! It's been a busy and exhausting four weeks with the new baby but we are so in love with our little guy. Before I had the baby I cooked as many freezer meals as I could to prepare for the first weeks at home. I also bought nearly every flavor of kodiak power cakes mix so I could make these banana bread muffins, these carrot cake muffins, and create some new recipes as well. I decided to make a chocolate muffin recipe and could not be happier with the results! These muffins are rich, gooey, and the perfect breakfast or snack for the kids.
Prep time: 10 minutes | Bake time: 20 minutes | Total time: 30 minutes | Yields: 12 muffins
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk (we use unsweetened almond milk)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup brown sugar or granulated sugar of choice
- 2 cups dark chocolate Kodiak power cakes mix
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 scoop of collagen (optional)
- 1 pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Beat egg together with the milk, vanilla extract, and sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Add salt, chocolate power cakes mix, collagen, and chocolate chips. Stir until combined.
- Pour batter evenly into a greased muffin baking dish. Bake for 15- 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffins come out clean.