Grilling season is officially here and we could not be more excited! We like to grill a few different proteins (usually chicken and beef) on Sunday as part of our weekly meal prep. Meal prepping helps us eat healthy all week and saves us time in the kitchen. One of the reasons I love this recipe so much is because it's extremely versatile. It's important that I can use it many different ways otherwise I'll get bored and it will go to waste. On Sunday, we grilled this chicken with corn, eggplant, and zucchini (I made extra marinade for the veggies). I ate it on an Asian salad for lunch on Tuesday and over rice with avocado on Thursday. This would also make a great chicken burger with a slice of pepper jack cheese and a pineapple ring! I'm definitely making chicken burgers next time we make this recipe!
Happy grilling ya'll!!
Prep time: 12 minutes | Cook time: 15 minutes | Total time: 30 minutes | Serves: 4
- 2 lbs chicken breasts or thighs
- Salt & pepper
- 1/2 cup mango pineapple preserves (no added sugars!)
- 1/3 cup EVOO
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded & minced
- Juice from 1/2 a lime
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- Cilantro (optional)
- Season chicken with salt and pepper on both sides..
- In a large mixing bowl, stir jam, oil, garlic, jalapeno, lime juice, and red pepper flakes together. Reserve 1/4 cup or so of the marinade for coating the chicken later.
- Place the chicken in the bowl and evenly coat with marinade. Cover the chicken and refrigerate for a few hours or more if possible.
- After the chicken has marinated in the refrigerator, heat your grill and place chicken over the flames. Turn the chicken every few minutes for about 15 minutes total. Cook until the temperature reaches 150 If you have a digital thermometer.
- Brush the reserved marinade over the chicken and cook for an additional minute on each side. Remove from the grill and enjoy!
P.S. Check out our Instagram account to see what we're cooking!
👁Sneak peek👉🏼We are sharing one of our favorite grilled chicken recipes soon and all the delicious ways to eat it! We grilled this chicken, corn on the cob, eggplant, and zucchini on Sunday night. Today I put the leftover chicken on a colorful spiralized cucumber and radish salad with chopped cabbage, carrots, cilantro, and green onions. If the baby would have slept longer I would have made a simple dressing with sesame oil, vinegar, ginger, and red onion. But, he woke up and it's still good with just the flavors and juice from the chicken👍🏼 #whole30 #21DSD #paleo #veggiesonveggies