I could eat guacamole with almost anything. We don't often have chips in the house, but we still enjoy guacamole many other ways. I love making Mexican breakfast bowls (taco meat, eggs, potatoes, and bell pepper) topped with this creamy guacamole. Our kids definitely love shrimp bites smothered in guacamole. And as anyone who knows me well could guess, guacamole always pairs well with my favorite meal, tacos. If you're looking for a slow cooker taco meat recipe, try our chicken verde. It will be your new favorite taco night recipe!
Guacamole is so easy to make and it's fun because you can play around with the ingredients. If you like spicy foods, you can add minced jalapeno. Some people add more cilantro or red onion. We don't like the chunks of onion so we leave that out and use onion powder instead. We make our recipe nightshade-free, although you certainly could chop a roma tomato and add it to the mix. You can also mix with ranch or salsa verde to make a delicious salad dressing. Feel free to get creative!
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp sea salt or Himalayan salt
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 large avocados
- 1 lime
- Peel the garlic then mince. Chop a handful of cilantro leaves until you fill 1/4 cup. Place garlic and cilantro in a medium size mixing bowl.
- Pour salt, onion powder, pepper, and cayenne into the mixing bowl.
- Cut the avocados in half lengthwise and discard the pits. Use a spoon to scoop out the meat and place in the mixing bowl. Discard the avocado skins.
- Firmly roll the lime under the palm of your hand against the counter top or cutting board (imagine you were shaping play-dough into a ball). This will express the juice and ensure you get all the delicious lime flavor. Cut the lime in half and squeeze the juice into the bowl. Discard the limes after you have squeezed out all the juice.
- Use a fork to mash all the ingredients in the bowl together until just mixed.
- Serve or refrigerate for later.
- Keep refrigerated for up to 3- 5 days