What a busy weekend around here! We spent Saturday working on our final house project (the dreaded stair skirt/banister) and getting all prepared for baby! Sunday was Easter and we were busy hoping around from family to family for brunches and dinners. It was a lovely weekend, but I wasn't able to get much prepped for this week and I definitely didn't get work done for our blog. I'm trying to get as much done as possible over the next two weeks so I can focus all my attention on baby when he or she arrives. I just can't believe we only have 2 weekends left as a family of four!
Today I made this super simple cucumber salad for a quick & ready meal. It tastes better as it marinates and I actually enjoy it more with every passing day. I love that it takes about 7 minutes to toss together! If you don't have a lot of time to prep meals, this salad is for you! It's also a fantastic recipe for those who struggle to eat enough veggies. You could add radishes, avocado, or even eat this over a handful of greens for extra veggies. This salad would also compliment grilled teriyaki chicken and rice!
Prep time: 7 minutes | Total time: 7 minutes | Serves: 2- 4
- 2 TBSP rice vinegar
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp honey (substitute brown rice syrup if vegan)
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Dash of red pepper flakes
- 2 TBSP fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 a red onion, diced or sliced thin
- 2 cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- In a large mixing bowl, stir vinegar, oil, honey, sesame seeds, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, and cilantro together.
- Dice onion and add to the bowl.
- Use a veggie slicer to thinly slice carrots and cucumbers. Toss veggies together with the onion and dressing in the mixing bowl.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Store in the refrigerator for 5- 7 days. This salad tastes better as it marinates in my opinion!