We like to make breakfast ahead of time for stress free mornings! This Sunday I made a spinach and artichoke casserole so Brian can have a healthy breakfast before work and Henry can get something nourishing before school. I alternate between making the boys casseroles and big batches of oatmeal for diversity and to keep things from getting boring! Matilda and I usually make something different each morning after we get Henry on the bus. This casserole is great for meal prep or a weekend breakfast with the whole family!
Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 25- 30 mintues | Total time: 35 minutes | Serves: 8
- 8 oz frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 14 oz jar of artichokes, drained
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 oz feta, crumbled
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup parmesan, grated
- 1/2 cup mozzarella, grated
- Preheat oven to 350 and lightly grease a baking dish with coconut oil or cooking spray.
- Place spinach, artichoke, garlic, and feta in the baking dish.
- Beat eggs, milk, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes together in a mixing bowl. Pour over the spinach and artichokes in the baking dish.
- Sprinkle parmesan and mozzarella over the top and place the casserole in the oven to bake for 25- 30 minutes. Once a toothpick inserted in the center comes out dry, the casserole is ready to be taken out of the oven.
- Cut into 8 squares- serve & enjoy!