Well, I think we have a new favorite protein ball recipe! I've been trying to create the perfect strawberry shortcake protein ball recipe for a while, and these are finally just right. These are sweet, tangy, healthy, and great for snacking. I made them for Henry's after school snack this week and he was thrilled! This kid loves strawberries. I have a feeling I'll be making another batch halfway through the week. We love them that much!
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 coconut flour or oat flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 cup full fat greek yogurt
- 1/2 tsp almond extract (can substitute for vanilla extract)
- 1 TBSP unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 3-5 fresh strawberries (depending on size- 3 if large, 5 if they are small)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 oz freeze dried strawberries (measures to a little more than a cup)
- In a food processor, blend oats, flour salt, and protein powder until combined (less than a minute).
- Add yogurt, almond extract, milk, and fresh strawberries to the food processor. Blend to combine (about a minute). Add coconut oil and blend one last time just long enough to evenly distribute the coconut oil.
- Add the freeze-dried strawberries and pulse a few times. Don't over blend. There should be chunks of the dried strawberries- yum
- Scoop out a spoonful of the batter and roll into a ball. Place in tupperware. Repeat until you run out of batter. You should be able to get at least 20 bite sized protein balls out of the batter. After you have rolled all the batter into balls, put the lid on the tupperware and place in the refrigerator to chill before eating.
- Store in the refrigerator or freezer.