This simple face and body scrub contains only two ingredients but is super beneficial. It removes dead skin cells, replenishes, nourishes, and leaves you with soft, radiant skin. My favorite part was the natural sun-kissed glow it gave me. I wasn't expecting it, but I definitely had a nice natural tan after I did this scrub. Because of the coffee grounds this is somewhat of an exfoliating scrub. I wouldn't recommend using this more than once a week for that reason. You should never exfoliate daily. Besides that, this scrub will leave your skin feeling smooth for days. I'm officially obsessed with it!
Benefits Of Coffee Grounds (organic only please!)
Coffee applied to the skin is a great source of antioxidants that protect the skin from free radicals. Some other benefits include:
- Minimizes the appearance of cellulite and lines.
- Increases the production of collagen.
- Stimulates the skin and cell turnover which causes the "glow."
- Protects against the loss of moisture.
Benefits Of Sweet Almond Oil
- Nourishes and moisturizes
- Strengthens and protects skin
- Fades dark circles
- Improves complexion
- Reduces inflammation
- Reduces wrinkles and fine lines
- Coffee grounds
- Sweet Almond Oil
- Mix equal parts organic coffee grounds and sweet almond oil together. If you're only applying the scrub to your face, use 1 tsp of each. If you're applying the scrub to your whole body you will obviously need to use more. Start with 1/4 cup of each because a little goes a long way!
- Once you have mixed the desired amount of coffee grounds and oil, rub into your entire body including your face, neck, feet, etc. Let sit for 10-15 minutes (time to scroll through instagram or read a book) then rinse off in the shower. I did not use soap to wash my face/body, and I recommend only rinsing with water.
- Pat your face and body dry with a towel and enjoy the natural tan and radiant glow!